- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 oz boneless ham steak, trimmed and diced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, smashed into a paste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 bunches rainbow chard, stems removed, washed, and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp low-sodium chicken stock
- Add the oil to your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on most sides, about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add butter to the skillet, then add onion and cook until softened, 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for another 1 minute. Then add chopped rainbow chard and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until greens have just wilted.
- Add stock and cook until liquid has evaporated. Then add the ham back to skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes to warm through.
Photo by Jennifer Johnson | Recipe by The Coastal Table
Prep Time: 15min Cook Time: 20min Serves: 4-6