- 1 small spaghetti squash, cut in half with the seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 14½-ounce can diced tomatoes (and their juices)
- 1 15-ounce can pinto (or black beans) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced, for garnish
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese, for garnish
- Limes, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Rub cut sides of squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet, cut-sides down. Bake until the squash is fork tender, about 1 hour. Carefully remove squash from the skillet and place on a plate to cool.
- Place your skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove the beef with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Drain off the excess grease. Return the skillet to medium heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onions and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and red pepper flakes and cook for another minute. Add tomatoes and pinto (or black beans) beans and stir to combine. Return the meat back to pan and stir again.
- Using a fork, shred out strands of spaghetti squash and add to the skillet. Toss to combine. Cook until everything is warmed through, 5-10 minutes. Divide among serving bowls with desired garnishes.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min