This is one of our favorite Mediterranean chicken recipes courtesy of our friend Jon on Instagram @j_dubble_q. Not only is this a perfect one skillet meal for any occasion, but with plenty of vegetables and amazing flavors, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. This is the blue zone diet eating at its best. If you're looking for something easy and healthy for your family, or even meal planning for yourself for the week, look no further than this recipe. We guarantee you could eat this for lunch every day for a week and not be tired of it. Enjoy everyone!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed recommended
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb baby yukon potatoes, halved
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 large red onion sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 fresh lemon, cut in wedges
- In a large mixing bowl or container, combine and marinate the chicken breasts, ½ cup olive oil, ½ cup lemon juice, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper and half of the minced garlic and let marinate for at least 20 minutes. While the chicken is marinating, on the stove top, preheat your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet on low heat for 5-10 minutes before gradually turning the heat up to medium high.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to the skillet and then the chicken. Sear the chicken on both sides for 2 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to the hot skillet on the stove top along with the potatoes. Brown the potatoes for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, ½ tbsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper and the remaining garlic to the skillet and cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss the red bell pepper and red onion in a bowl with the remaining olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the bell pepper and onion mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. Lay the seared chicken breasts in a single layer on top of the vegetable mixture and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook uncovered at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh chopped basil, feta cheese crumbles, sliced black olives and a lemon wedge for topping to taste.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min