If you love shrimp and or Italian food, then this Creamy Garlic Tuscan Shrimp recipe from our friend Paula @queenofthegrill on Instagram will be one of your new favorite dishes. I made this for my parents, wife and young kids and they all ate it up while singing its praises (but not while their mouths were full). This dish offers some really big flavors and although it has several rich ingredients, it is surprisingly light and refreshing thanks to the tart acid flavors from the tomatoes, wine and citrus. Have you ever felt your taste buds dance? Try this recipe and you will. Enjoy!
Hot Tip: This recipe is recommended for well used skillets. The acid from the tomatoes, wine and lemon will remove some of your seasoning, but it shouldn’t require any more than a maintenance seasoning to get your slick surface back to normal.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. shrimp, pealed, deveined, tails off
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 16 oz box of your favorite pasta
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 5 oz jar sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅔ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- On the stove top, preheat your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Add the butter and cook on low until melted. Add the garlic and increase the heat to medium. Stir regularly until the garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until the shrimp turn pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan, leaving the butter and garlic in the skillet. Set aside for later.
- Add the olive oil and onion to the skillet and saute until translucent. Add the cherry tomatoes and white wine. Simmer until reduced by half or about 10 minutes, stirring regularly. In a separate pot, cook a box of your favorite pasta according to the instructions on the container.
- Add the milk, sun dried tomatoes, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Whisk the mixture until it begins to simmer. Once simmering, add the Parmesan cheese and continue to simmer, for 1-2 minutes while stirring regularly.
- Once the cheese is melted, add the chopped parsley and lemon juice. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Add the shrimp back into the pan and stir, cooking for about 1 minute to heat the shrimp.
- Serve immediately over your favorite pasta.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min