If you’re searching for a delicious Thai inspired dish for dinner or just craving peanut butter, look no further than these ginger chicken meatballs with peanut sauce from our friend, @the.adamgarrett. This dish is the perfect blend of sweet and salty while being both light and comforting. Not possible you say? Give it a try and let us know what you think. We think you’ll be surprised at how good this is. Pair with some cast iron skillet seared baby bok choy in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic for a healthy meal that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 2 large carrots, peeled thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat your 12-inch Stargazer Cast Iron skillet on low heat for 5-10 minutes before gradually turning the heat up to medium high. While your cast iron skillet is preheating, in a large bowl, add the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, half of the cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, ginger, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix by hand until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Form the mixture into meatballs that are approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Add the sesame oil to your preheated skillet. Add the meatballs to the skillet and sear them until they are browned on all sides (approximately 10 minutes). While the meatballs are browning, cook 2 cups of rice according to the directions on the package. Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce and chili paste to the skillet. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add the carrots and the meatballs and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in peas and bell pepper. Simmer, for 5 minutes. Top with chopped honey roasted peanuts and the other half of the chopped cilantro. Serve over rice.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min