When I think of peanut butter blossom cookies, I think of Christmas. I also think of how much fun it is to unwrap fifty Hershey’s Kisses to press into each cookie. Here’s a solution: make a giant peanut butter blossom skillet cookie and unwrap just one *rather large* Hershey's Kiss to put on top. You get the same crispy-edged, soft-centered cookie, but with a lot less work. Serve each slice with a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy!
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 Hershey's Kiss (7oz)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Coat the inside of your 10.5-inch Stargazer Cast Iron skillet with butter and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar until it's fluffy.
- Mix in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add it to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place it in the skillet. Using your hands, spread the dough out until it reaches the edges. Leave the edges “cracked” to mimic the look of a traditional peanut butter blossom cookie.
- Sprinkle on desired amount of granulated sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes (you want it to be slightly underdone with browned edges).
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow to cool slightly before pressing in the large Hershey’s Kiss.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min