- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups low-sodium (or homemade) chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, minced, for garnish
- 3/4 cup smoked Gruyère cheese, or to taste, at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Coat 2 baking sheets with olive oil. Toss the cut potatoes in oil until coated evenly - season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and place in oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally, until nicely browned on all sides.
- While potatoes are baking, make gravy. In your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet, add butter over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add flour, stirring to incorporate. Once flour is no longer visible, slowly whisk in stock and Worcestershire sauce. Continue cooking until gravy thickens, 10-15 minutes.
- Once the gravy is thickened, remove 3/4 of it into a separate bowl, leaving 1/4 of gravy in the skillet. Add sweet potatoes, cheese, and drizzle remaining gravy over top. Garnish with parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve warm.