If your breakfast rotation is getting stale, then this recipe is for you! It takes plain old biscuits and gravy and brings it up a notch by adding in eggs and cheese. It may not sound like anything special, but let me tell you, it's delicious and sure to be a hit with anyone you serve it to. Bonus points for easy clean up as it's all cooked in the same skillet too.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups half and half
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits (8-count), quartered
- 6 eggs, large
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp dried chives
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown the sausage in your Stargazer 12-inch cast iron skillet. Once cooked through, add in the butter and flour, then gradually whisk in the half and half. Add in the salt, black pepper, thyme and garlic powder and stir often until thickened. Move gravy into a separate bowl and set the skillet aside.
- Cut each of the biscuits into four pieces. Scatter half of the biscuit pieces on the bottom of the skillet.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, chives and black pepper (feel free to use whatever spices you prefer in your eggs). Pour egg batter over the biscuit pieces.
- Spoon gravy over the top of the egg batter. Then sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Top with remaining biscuit pieces.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Allow to cool and serve!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min