When we found out our friends over at Hoff & Pepper released a German-inspired hot sauce, we knew we had to use it to spice up some beer cheese dip! Whether it's game day, Oktoberfest or you're just looking for a tasty snack, if soft pretzels are on the menu, this beer cheese dip is a must-have on the side.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup beer
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Few shakes of Hoff Haus Sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in the Stargazer 10.5-inch cast iron skillet until melted. Add flour and whisk until combined.
- Add in beer, milk, mustard, Worcestershire and spices and whisk until smooth. Continue to cook until thickened.
- Add in cheese (a handful at a time) and whisk until smooth.
- Reduce heat and add in Hoff Haus Sauce (and salt and pepper to taste).
- Serve immediately with soft pretzels and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min