Have you started your Super Bowl menu yet? I mean sure, you could always call in an order for some game day pizza *or* you could spice things up and make these crispy, cheesy, dunkable pizza rolls! Evan over at @backyard_bourbecue took these classic pizza ingredients and turned them into the perfect game day snack. Serving size is 3-5 people, but if it ends up being 1, we won't tell.
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 16 oz. pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 8 oz. pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups low-moisture shredded mozzarella
- 6 oz. pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, rolled then sliced into strips
- Optional: 4 oz. of pizza sauce and/or ranch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly flour surface of counter top or large cutting board. Roll pizza dough into a thin, even 12” x 18” rectangle, adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Brush dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and dried basil.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly, making sure it reaches all edges of the rolled dough. Add 6 oz. of shredded mozzarella, then pepperoni slices. Make sure pepperoni fully covers the surface. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the pepperoni.
- Starting at one of the 12” sides, fold the edge and gently roll the dough into a log. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove log from refrigerator and slice into 7 equal rolls. Add rolls to 10.5” Stargazer Cast Iron Skillet, with six rolls around the outside and one roll in the middle. Arrange them evenly with space between each roll to allow them to expand as they bake.
- Place skillet in oven on middle rack and bake for 15-17 minutes until the top of the rolls are golden and the bottom of the rolls have developed a golden brown crust.
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese and strips of fresh basil leaves over top of pizza rolls.
- Serve with additional pizza sauce and/or ranch for dipping.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min