This chicken broccoli and rice casserole is a tried and true dinner option. Easy to make and delicious to eat, this recipe is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter evening when you just don’t feel like getting fancy. In fact, I’m going to put on some sweatpants and make this for dinner.
Pro Tip: Substitute or add your favorite vegetables to make this dish your own.
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs OR 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1-¼ cups Arborio rice
- On a large stove burner, preheat your Stargazer Cast Iron 12-inch skillet on low heat for 5-10 minutes before slowly turning up the heat to medium-high. Add the avocado oil to the skillet, followed by the chicken. Sear the chicken for two minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Add the chicken broth, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, salt, ground black pepper, paprika, thyme and garlic to the skillet and bring the mixture to a simmer while stirring regularly. Once the mixture is simmering, add the chicken thighs to the mixture in the skillet, spacing them evenly across the cooking surface. Add the rice to the skillet and then sprinkle the broccoli in an even layer over the top. Cover with a lid or tin foil and move to the preheated oven. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, covered. After 30 minutes, remove the lid or foil and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 50 min