What's something you never knew you always wanted? For us, it's this cajun chicken lasagna. Creamy (dreamy) cajun sauce, lasagna noodles, cajun chicken and cheese all come together to make a comfort skillet meal that we're sure you'll be making more than once.
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 2-3 chicken breasts (about 2.5 cups after shredded)
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Fresh mozzarella for the top layer (optional)
- ½ medium sized onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup of mozzarella, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp cajun seasoning, adjust to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally depending on thickness for even cooking. Coat chicken breasts in cajun seasoning.
- Add about 1 tbsp of oil to your Stargazer 12-inch cast iron skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add chicken breasts.
- While the chicken is cooking, boil a large pot of salted water. Cook lasagna noodles according to box instructions. When finished, lay the cooked noodles flat on a pan or plate to prevent sticking and make layering easier later.
- When the chicken is done cooking, set aside and let it cool. Once cooled, shred the chicken.
- After removing chicken from the skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add the peppers and onion, cook until lightly browned and tender.
- Add milk, cream cheese and mozzarella and stir with a whisk. Keep heat on medium low to prevent burning. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Once thick, whisk in seasonings and pour the sauce into a large bowl.
- Place the first 4 noodles into the skillet. From there add sauce, then chicken, and then cheese. Use about ⅓ cup of cheese per layer. Repeat this twice. You should have 3 noodle layers and 2 sauce/chicken/cheese layers ending with noodles.
- On top of the last noodle layer, add any remaining sauce and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. If you add the fresh mozzarella, broil for 5 minutes, or until brown, after baking.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min