Ever eat tacos for breakfast? I haven’t, but I would. Especially these tacos. I might eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They’re that good. We’re talking tender chicken, melty cheese, crispy bacon and fresh pico de gallo on a warm taco tortilla shell for the win. Anyone want to argue against this?
I’m predicting crickets.
Did I mention crispy bacon and melty cheese? Enjoy, folks!
Pro Tip: Other toppings to consider are your favorite hot sauce, taco sauce, guacamole, salsa or sour cream. Lightly brown the taco shells in the skillet on low prior to serving to really bring out the flavor.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 bag soft taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup, serrano peppers, diced (optional for taste and heat)
Pico De Gallo:
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, destemmed
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp salt
- Preheat your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet on low for 5-10 minutes before gradually turning the heat up to medium-high. While your skillet preheats, dice the raw bacon into ½ slices and add to the preheat skillet. Cook the bacon for about 10 minutes until crisp, or longer if you prefer it crisper. Remove the bacon from the skillet, cover and set aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, combine the tomato, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and combine the ingredients. Cover and set aside to allow the flavors to combine.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the skillet and put it back on the burner. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook on medium-high for approximately 10 minutes until it’s cooked through. Add the taco seasoning packets and finish the chicken according to the instructions on the packet.
- To assemble the tacos, lay down a taco shell on a plate, add chicken, then cheese, then bacon, then pico de gallo and serrano peppers to taste.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min