- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (1 for garnish)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4-5 large white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup grated gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, plus extra for greasing skillet
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grease the bottom of your Stargazer Cast Iron skillet with a bit of butter.
- In a small sauce pan, add oil, garlic and chopped thyme leaves from one stem. Heat until fragrant then add the heavy cream. Heat until just coming to a boil, and then turn off the heat and set aside.
- In your skillet, layer 1/3 of the potatoes overlapping each other. Top with 1/3 salt, 1/3 cheese, and 1/3 butter cut into small pieces and scattered throughout.
- Repeat layering 2 times.
- Pour cream evenly over potatoes. Place the skillet in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and starting to turn golden on top. Remove from oven and serve warm.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTER-FRIENDLY VERSION OF THE RECIPE.
Prep Time: 15min Cook Time: 35min Serves: 4-6